JOIN DRIVESAVERS FOR A PRIVATE BACKSTAGE TOUR, LUNCHEON BY THE LAGOON AND SPEAKER MIKE COBB, DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
Wednesday, August 7th, 2020, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM PDT
DriveSavers, Inc. – In Person Only
400 Bel Marin Keys Blvd.
Novato, CA 94928
JOIN DRIVESAVERS FOR A PRIVATE BACKSTAGE TOUR, LUNCHEON BY THE LAGOON AND SPEAKER
- Experience DriveSavers “Life of a Drive” tour
- See their state-of-the-art Certified ISO Class 5 Cleanroom
- Meet with senior-level data recovery engineers
- Join the lunch discussion with Mike Cobb, Director of Engineering: Wearables in the Workplace – Data Recovery from Smart Devices and BYOD Information Governance
Schedule of events:
- Registration: 10:00 am
- Facility Tour: 10:15 am -11:45 am
- Lunch and Speaker: Mike Cobb, Director of Engineering: 12:00–12:45pm
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER
As Director of Engineering, Mike Cobb manages the day-to-day operations of the Engineering Department including the physical and logical recoveries of rotational media, SSDs, smart devices and flash media. He also oversees the R&D efforts for past, present and future storage technologies. Mike makes sure that each of the departments and their engineers are certified and that they continue to gain knowledge in their field. Each DriveSavers engineer has been trained by Mike to ensure the successful and complete recovery of data is their top priority. Mike Cobb has a B.S. degree in Computer Science from the University of California, Riverside. Since joining DriveSavers in 1994, Mike has worked on all aspects of engineering as well as heading the Customer Service Department for several years. Prior to joining DriveSavers, Mike gained invaluable experience creating mirroring and compression products while working at Golden Triangle Software in the early 1990’s.