According to a study released by Intel, there’s an astounding amount of online activity happening on a 24/7 basis.
Social media usage over the past few years has helped spur greater use of the Internet and accounts for a large part of the increased load as more and more people go online to exchange, gather or produce information.
Fast and Furious
Every 60 seconds on the Internet there are:
- 204 million emails sent.
- 20 million photo views.
- 6 million Facebook views.
- More than 2 million Google search queries.
- More than 1 million video views on YouTube.
- 100,000 new tweets on Twitter.
- 61,141 hours of music accessed via Pandora.
It’s going to get busier, too. A lot busier.
Intel forecasts that the number of networked communication devices, which today is equal to the total world’s total population of 7 billion+, will double by 2015.
Here’s a video link with more details.